Who we are
Guin Records is a fully operational California-based independent record label that provides elite quality production, promotion and distribution to unknown artists around the world. Guin is a record label that prioritizes our artists as human beings and agents of their own destiny. Guin Artists own their own masters and label, and both label and artist cut profits at a fair 50/50 – almost unprecedented in the industry.
What we are looking for
A creative and strategic marketing expert with expertise and passion for delivering, developing and maintaining our artists’ marketing strategy.
Who are you
You have deep ties to the music industry and have the ability and drive to provide new opportunities for our artists. You understand the changing landscape of the music industry and have the knowledge, connections and ability to positively influence potential partners, while helping to take our label and our artists to the next level. You have a passion for music, preferably hip hop and rap, and have experience working with talent. You are a creative marketer and strategic thinker who thinks big. You are result-oriented and result-oriented.
Responsibilities will include…
- Develop marketing plans for artist releases that support artists’ and label’s business goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with artists and management regarding marketing activities
- Foster and maintain existing and new relationships within the film industry and/or streaming platforms to help expand the reach of our artists’ music
- Foster and maintain new and existing relationships with brands to help us provide new opportunities for our artists and the label
- Marketing campaign budget management
- Oversee all processes related to visuals in product packaging and project merchandising
- Work closely with A&R and other creative departments to identify business applications
- Lead efforts to align artists’ online presence and marketing with overall project goals
- Maintain artist calendars and promotional routes for artists to update the label
- Work collaboratively with Brand Partnerships and Licensing, Soundtrack and Film/TV teams to identify opportunities for artists
- A collaborative and driven team player with at least 8 years of marketing experience, a college degree in a related field from an accredited college or university preferred
- Previous experience in the music industry, preferably in a record label with prior marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledge of hip hop/rap genres preferred
- Exemplary communication skills, including a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability and skills to communicate directly with artists and artist management
- Experience and knowledge of creating marketing plans from the beginning and ability to meet deadlines and timelines required.
- Strong attention detail; excellent time management, tracking and follow-up, and organizational skills required
- In-depth knowledge and constant finger on the pulse of the music industry
What we offer
- An opportunity to make the world a better place through music and art
- Benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Freedom to work remotely from home (general business hours during PT business hours)
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave and paid vacation policy
- Positive, friendly and cooperative corporate culture
*This position is remote offsite, but our Marketing Manager must be local to the Los Angeles, CA area.